This project is read-only.

Namespace back to "NMock"

Aug 18, 2010 at 5:00 PM
Edited Aug 18, 2010 at 5:01 PM
First of all, great job on NMock3!! The property syntax and awesome use of intellisense make NMock3 even easier to use! I have integrated NMock3 in several projects now and have trained two different development teams on its use! One suggestion I have is to change the namespace. I know you didn't want to make it "NMock3" as the best practice is to not use versions in namespaces, but leaving it as "NMock2" is just as bad. I have to constantly address the issue with new users by "explaining" why they need a "Using NMock2" line when they are really using NMock3, LOL. I would like to advocate that the next release change the namespace to "NMock". I know this will require some refactoring of existing applications, but I believe it to be a cleaner solution. At the very least, could there be a new download, in addition to the exitings ones, that would use the "NMock" namespace? That way a downloader could choose which namespace they wanted to use. BTW, would also like to offer my help in completing the tutorials and documentation if needed. Just a suggestion and KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK! John Borders mailto:ScubaJockey@yahoo.com
Sep 8, 2010 at 1:44 PM

I fully agree. I'd prefer to have the numbering removed from the namespace as well.

To use the new NMock, projects will have to be recompiled anyway. As no features were removed from NMock 2.1, there's no reason to keep using NMock 2.1 in parallel with NMock 3.0, thus I might as well do a quick search and replace on "using namespace NMock2" and reference the new NMock.